Saturday, 3 October 2015

FINDING INNER PEACE.

"No scorching sun, nor freezing cold, will stop me on my journey."
We live in an age of constant stress; busy jobs, long working hours, complicated home lives, and challenging company. Stress is something that affects us all in very different ways. It can cause aggression, shyness and many more unusual reactions, including a decline in overall health. For me personally, I become before hostile, generally avoiding company, and my health usually takes a turn for the worse, with varying degrees of severity.

However, I have finally come to and found my inner peace. How I did that, is what I wish to share with you.

To do so, it's about letting go, accepting things you cannot change, and finding yourself. It's not as easy as it sounds, but give it time, and patience, and enough valuing of self, and you can do this too.
 Starting university for me was both devastating and developing in equal measure. This antithesis shook me through to the soul. It awoke me in a way I didn't think were possible. Leaving college at the end of exams clearly wasn't enough for me to snap to, and actually departing my house on the first rainy morning snapped me back to my senses. This was all very real. This was happening now.
I awoke within myself and found myself standing on a huge campus amass literally thousands of foreign faces. Imagine standing in a crowd in a busy city, all these people having one central connection to you, that they are all there for the same purpose, but you'll never know them all. That's university for you.

However, many of these people are going through the same "drop of the stomach" experience as you, but soon enough, you should settle into the new routine and develop new friendship groups.

On Thursday, I decided that after the first week and a half of university, that on my day off, I would travel back to my old college to visit the friends I had in the English Language class that I've written about here many times before. I was worried, because frankly, it'd been a while since I'd seen them last. I wondered how they'd react, I wanted it to be positive, but I worried that perhaps they wouldn't want to see me. But it wasn't like that at all. It was wonderful. Everyone was so happy to see me, and I received such a warm welcome, I felt right at home again, it was as if I'd never left. How could I have ever have imagined receiving a negative reaction from this group of people? These were the people I'd grown to really care about and respect. It was like I'd never been gone.

Seeing all their faces and remembering the happy times we all spent together, working together, laughing together and getting to know each other in those first few awkward conversation starting weeks, made me content once again. It settled an overturned stone and righted it, leaving it almost untouched, almost unturned once again, to slot comfortably into it's new position, which is much more comfortable to bear.

And truly, it made me so much happier to know that they had missed me, and did still like me, and I certainly felt the same way for every single person in that room. All wonderful, lovely, unique people whom I'd greatly missed.

Funny that, isn't it? How when you start a new college and leave the other behind that you loved so much, thinking "when I'll leave I'll not care even a bit" and it's funny how all that can truly change. Never underestimate a situation, and never try to foresee feelings and events. It won't work. Leave it to fate to decide.

So I wanted to say, that if you've ever left a school with friends in it, or a college, or a job, or whatever it is, and you are contemplating going back to see them, I'd say do it! Take the opportunity whilst you have a day off, and go and see them! It'll make their day, and yours too.

Focusing on the now is what is important too. You can't turn back time, as much as you want to, and you can't turn the clocks forward unfortunately. However, what you do have is the here and the now, so embrace it, for better or for worse, and just live your life. Ride out the bumps, smile through the smooth gliding, and walk the longer stretches. It will always be worth it, even if you can't see it now, you'll likely be able to in the future. Find what inspires you, and live by it.

So what I'm trying to get across in this post, is that it's important to remember who you are, and where you are.
Love, as always, your friend, and author,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig