Thursday, 24 September 2015

THE 'IMPULSIVE' PURCHASE // ZOEVA ROSE GOLDEN BRUSH SET REVIEW.

(*** all photos in this post are my own, please do not repost without crediting me as the photographer please and thank you.***)


So I titled this "the 'impulsive' purchase", (note brackets around impulsive) because this for me, was sort of, and sort of not impulsive.

Truth be known, the Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set has been one on my wishlist for at least a year, if not more. 

When I got my university money, it was the first thing (besides decor which I count as a separate 'wishlist') to 'go straight in my basket' (sorry that was done in quotation, because I honestly cannot say that with a straight face anymore after the famous YouTube vine of 'That's going straight in my basket' in the incredibly camp voice that never fails to make me laugh out loud, wherever I am.)

So, back on track. 

The Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set has the reputation that you know you can trust. It's reknowned as the 'bloggers brushes' as the high end version of the Real Techniques various ensembles - which don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way putting down - I think they're marvellous, and I have quite a few different kits and random brushes and tools myself, and I love them!

I finally took the plunge and splashed the cash on these brushes, and although I haven't used them yet, I have to say I am impressed.

The initial 'makeup bag' style carrier that they come in is dreamy - chocolate imitation leather with rose gold lettering - how could I not be in heaven? After all, I do have a penchant for rose gold and holographic numbers! 

Once you hold the little bag too, you'll agree that the quality is incredible. Not a single detail has been spared and the weight of the bag, even when empty, suggests a high quality fibre.

Now, the brushes.

Okay, so if you're a lover of Real Techniques, and you've felt their powder brushes, you are in for a treat with these brushes.

If you thought the powder brush felt like the softest brush on Earth, you would be wrong. Having felt the softness of the bigger brushes in this kit, I can tell you that having compared both the RT powder brush, and these, that these are in fact, so much softer. Impossible? I thought it would be impossible to top the softness of the RT powder brush too, but these beauties have.

The kit comes with 8 brushes in total, including:

Soft Finish Brush
Powder
Face Shape
Luxe Sheer Cheek
Concealer Buffer
Luxe Soft Definer
Luxe Petit Crease
Wing Liner

The kit works out at £56.95 - that sounds a crazy amount of money - and trust me it took me over a year to justify it, but when you work it out, that's just over £7 per brush, so if you did want every single brush from the set like I did, it's well worth the money, however, if you only want a couple, then the price doesn't really make it justifiable. 

At just over £7 per brush, it is essentially cheaper than a Real Techniques powder brush which retails at £10.99. Genius, I know.

I would highly recommend these brushes, they are dreamy, the rose gold is just the icing on the quality cake, and the pouch is amazing as a new make-up bag - I'll definitely be enjoying using it!
So, I hope you've found this review helpful if you did, please +1 this post on Google+ and share this with other make-up and beauty lovers and fanatics.

Have you tried the Zoeva line, or this specific Zoeva Range? What did you think? Leave your comments below.

Love & Magic,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig