Sunday, 19 April 2015

WHY I CAN'T TAKE THE WORD 'POLY' SERIOUSLY.

Okay, so this is kind of a personal, woman to woman post (if you're a guy, you have every right to read this, it might help you understand us women better, or you may feel the need to not bother, it's down to personal preference in this instance) But yes onto the point of this post.
Whenever someone says 'poly' anything, I hate hearing it. As a woman who has extremely painful 'that time of the months' I have always been a 'curl up in a ball, eat chocolate and get out of my face' kind of person. Lovely, and charming I know.
So when I was sixteen, shortly after my grandma died (Autumn/Winter 2011) I had decided enough was enough and something had to be wrong. Whilst others I knew suffered with pain, it didn't appear to be to the extreme to which I seemed to be suffering. So at the age of sixteen, I ended up at the maternity section of the hospital, amongst mothers to be, and recent mothers. At sixteen, I felt incredibly self conscious being in that room, because I wasn't pregnant, nor was I considering having children, so I didn't feel right being there.
I went and had one of those delightful (extra sarcasm) stomach scans with jelly, and was told "we're just moving your stomach out of the way to get to your ovaries." (Erm, thanks think I might need a barf bag after that, nurse....)
And then the news. The P word. Poly cystic Ovaries. I don't have the syndrome, but I have little cysts delightfully dotted all over my ovaries. 
I've been told before that it's probably not the best thing to talk about, and that some men probably won't want to marry me if they know immediately that I am not in essence, a 100% perfect woman.
It's not like I don't function properly, hell, I do. I got it going! Polycystic ovaries mean you can get a wide range of varying issues, for me, my only issues are a maintained weight, meaning I find it extremely difficult to lose weight, and have remained either a stable weight, or put on weight for the last 6 years, and very bad pain at that time of the month.
There is no treatment for the condition, except the use of the Pill, for which I had a hormone patch called Evra, for 2 years, but although I do not want children at this stage, and may never want children, I came off because 1) it can affect fertility, and 2) it was resulting in really worse acne. I usually have pretty good skin, but my face was worsening due to the effects of the hormones in the patch, and it wasn't a heck of a lot better with the patch on, so I removed it this past week, and so far, I do not regret the decision. It was a pain fiddling with it, trying to put it somewhere that people couldn't see it.
And on top of that, THOSE CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS. DO THEY EVER GO AWAY AT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH?
Girls, chocolate is like the anti Christ! It demands to be eaten, and then rewards you with acne and extra weight! That conceited little.....
 
PS girls lets not forget the urge to put hella rad old school music on from our 'badass' days and imagine kicking some serious butt....
"I'M NOT HERE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT, YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO MESS WITH ME." - P!nk.
Plus when it's that time of the month, and you don't want to offend anyone, but then they keep pushing your buttons, and you try your hardest not to lose it and flip biscuits.
On top of that, if we're not listening to heavy music, we're listening to emotive, sad, but beautiful music, like "Dear President" by P!nk, or "True Love" by P!nk.
And then when we're not busy imagining kicking butt, we're putting on big glassy eyes for our boyfriend/sibling/parent to encourage them to give back the chocolate that they've hidden for our own good...
Anyway, so I hope this post has been a bit insightful. Don't forget, if you suffer pretty badly, and you think something is abnormal, go to the doctors. You can't afford to risk it if something isn't right.
Lots of love, 
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig