Saturday, 21 March 2015

LATE NIGHT POST // TOMB RAIDER MEMORIES.

So this evening I went out with Courtney, her sister, her sister's friend, and their lovely mum to a place I've never been before for dinner. It was such a wonderful evening, the place played great music, and the atmosphere was lovely. It was so good to catch up with her again so soon!

I will admit I look shoddy in the photo (that has now been deleted) I am trying to lose weight (apart from this evening and I had an unhealthy dinner, but everyone did so heeeey I'm a sheep apparently!) I also dyed streaks of blue into my hair on Friday night (it went terribly wrong with it all on one side) and I've washed it about 8/9 times since, trying to fade out the colour as I hate it, and much preferred it blonde. Why, oh, why do I always get such silly ideas, thinking I'm amazing at doing my own hair and then manage to mess it up? Silly Samantha strikes again. oooooh sibilance. Sorry, too much coursework in my head right now. Terminology being blurted out too often.
This evening I have been reflecting back to something that happened in our lesson on Thursday. My friend Dominique was telling me how she watched part way through the play through of Tomb Raider 2013, after I had told her how incredible the storyline was. I've personally not played it myself, because the game is so tense, and the death scenes are actually horrendous if you mess up. I really can't be dealing with that, however I watched the full 3/4 hours play-through in stages last year, with minimal death scenes, and really enjoyed the storyline. It also made me think about the two Tomb Raider films released. I enjoyed the first film the most, and Cradle of Life (the 2nd) came second in my mind. However, it did partially overtake the first in the mid stages, travelling across China.


I found Angelina as Lara to be very effective, and always admired her in the films. The first film is also how I came to hear a piece of William Blake for the first time, which would become my forever favourite piece of poetry. I also adored Angelina in Maleficent which I recently saw (at last!!) and completely and utterly adored. She's just so amazing at what she does! 


"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."
Lastly, I shall leave you with my favourite song this week that I've had on repeat:
Clean Bandit - Rather Be.

"We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea 
But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be
                                                 I would wait forever, exalted in the sea
 As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat,"

Goodnight, and sweet dreams, to whoever you are, wherever you are. If I could give you a hug, I would.

 Keep smiling, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Love,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig