Saturday, 14 February 2015

I AM A QUESTION TO THE WORLD // FAVOURITE DISNEY FILMS & MEANINGS PART 2.

So, it's time for Part 2. I have pre-written this (a few minutes after writing the first part, as I find my passion is strongest at certain times, and I wanted the second instalment to be filled with the same passion that the first was!)



VALENTINES DAY EDIT: Happy Valentines Day everyone! As I just mentioned, I wrote this post the day before Valentines, so today I'm just going to add this in and say have a lovely day, each and every one of you! Lots of love! The postman delivered me three goodies this morning, here they are at last!



There are three films that I wasn't able to cover as childhood favourites in the first instalment as I didn't want to completely and utterly over-write (which my English teachers would agree I have a tendency to do, so this is in my own way, my way of showing them both that I do listen and take note of the advice they give me!) 
I recently acquired the O Ring for Oliver & Company (The O Ring is the shiny slipcover/sleeve that slips over the DVD) and I'm so pleased with it, because it was the last I needed to fill up the bottom shelf of O Rings.
The first is The Fox & The Hound which for me, was such a huge part of my childhood. The one scene that always stays in my mind is the moment where Widow Tweed has to leave Tod in the wood, and her last turn to see Tod's confused face, with the tears streaming down her cheeks... oh my word. That never fails to make me well up, and when I'm having a really emotional day, I'm just a streaming with tear-faced mess. Honestly, that scene!



The next film that I have strong memories of, is Tarzan. I remember when I was about six or seven, going around to our neighbour's house, (Not Val, this was before Val moved to the other house!) and whilst mum and our neighbour talked, she put on Tarzan for me to watch quietly. It's so odd how certain films, certain things can make you return to places, because whenever I see Tarzan now, I can smell the house, feel the beautiful smooth pine floorboards beneath my feet, and feel the same wonder and amazement as I heard the Tarzan soundtrack for the first time.


Now I can say this is definitely my favourite song from the film, I just love the flow of this piece of music, and the sentiment, as it gives me flashbacks to the early scenes of Tarzan, which I remember fondly.

Next up, is Brother Bear. There really are no personal reasons for why I love this film so much, except for the fact, that my love for it has grown stronger in later years. It's the central theme that people don't just 'die'. They still lead us, and guide us through our lives, and that's what has made me love this film even more. 




I always loved this film as a child, but it became even more highly regarded in later years. My favourite piece of music from Brother Bear is this one as it makes my heart feel warm, it's the sort of film you want to snuggle up with:


Of course, this beautiful piece of music also features Phil Collins (Yes, I love his music, and his voice! I'm a woman who loves strong/unique/beautiful voices) PS. Who doesn't love Rutt and Tuke? Moose forever!

Next up is Frozen.... I don't need to say more. The hype is real, and genuine. This film is beautiful, and whilst again, I can't truly relate to it (being sibling-less!) I can still understand and appreciate it, as it's genuinely one of Disney's best creations. Plus, I can relate to 'Let It Go', and I'm not even going to say why, you all can guess why, it's pretty self explanatory from what I've told you all about me. And whilst Olaf's whole design freaks me out a little (because the whole shape, and talking snowman thing is odd unless it's 'The Snowman') I love his sentiment and wishing for Summer. 


Another film I COULD NOT leave off of this list is.....

BRAVE.

Yes, this film is breathtaking. If there was one film I'd say is worth seeing, and would make you tear up, it'd be Brave. The family ties, the scenery (hello glorious Scotland, ya wee beauty) and just everything is sheer perfection. 


The close bond between mother and daughter closely resembles the bond that my mother and I share.


And if the end doesn't make you cry, you're not human. Okay? I'm just kidding, but seriously, the feels are strong with this one.


And lastly? Lastly? Oh yeah, you guessed it.... BIG HERO 6. I don't want to spoil this for people who haven't seen it yet or are waiting for it to come out on DVD/Blu Ray, so I won't tell you the storyline, but I will just say I can relate to this film again, and I just love, love, love everything about it. It's just heaven. And getting to be a superhero? Who else would be one if they could? Yes please! And having a super cuddly Baymax to give you 'warm hugs'? (Olaf reference, sorry!) YES.

AND THIS SONG, CANNOT BREATHE.



FAVOURITE MOMENT RIGHT HERE.
"They say we are what we are

But we don’t have to be

I’m bad behavior but I do it in the best way
I’ll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame
I’ll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long
And if we meet forever now, pull the blackout curtains down
Just not for long, for long
We could be immortals, immortals, immortals, immortals
Sometimes the only payoff for having any faith
Is when it’s tested again and again everyday
I’m still comparing your past to my future
It might be your wound, but they’re my sutures"

  

Okay, so whilst I do enjoy other Disney films (yes, I've left out a lot of classics, like The Little Mermaid etc, and Wreck It Ralf) these are the ones that particularly mean something to me, or I just enjoyed more than the others. 

Anyway, so that's the entirety of this post. I do hope you've enjoyed this list, and learning the reasons why I relate to specific Disney films so much, and I hope it's been somewhat interesting to read. You all deserve big snuggly hugs for reading this!

Love,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig