Friday, 31 January 2014

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY // BOBBY MCFERRIN DAYS.

Some of the best lyrics I've ever listened to are that of the great Bobby McFerrin, who can quite literally bring me from a state of despair to smiling, wiping away the tears, and actually laughing. If you're having a frustrating week like I've been, sometimes it's important to remember what is the most precious thing you have, and to focus on that. This week has been so utterly pressing. Ok, ok, so no-one has died, and everyday I thank the world for that, but it's just endless little things that get me down, but I think I've found a way to combat it.
Listening to music can honestly be soul-destroying, or soul-rebuilding depending on the type of music that you listen to, and that suits you. For me, I listen to the most varying mixture of music humanly possible, and this suits my taste, a little eclectic, like my style. It seems appropriate that your music taste should suit your fashion style, and it suits me perfectly. However, sometimes there is only one type of music that'll lift your spirits, and for me, Bobby McFerrin always fits the bill, regardless of time, date, location. Basically, there is no exception.
If you're having a frustrating week, and let's face it, this weather, and all these cold/flu viruses going around, I don't know a single person who doesn't feel in some way affected by it, then settle in, get yourself a cup of tea, and listen to some 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' this weekend, you may just find yourself clicking along, or perhaps even bopping a little, or even better, listen to Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo╩╗ole's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' as featured in many beautiful BBC wildlife documentaries. I adore this music, and for me, it will bring me to complete and utter calm.
I also feel that I should justify the lack of fashion posts, truth be told, there aren't enough hours in the day, I have such huge plans, and yet I get home at 5.10pm everyday from college, tired and uninspired, so there is no natural lighting to take photos with, and I feel so grungy after such a long day, all I want to do is shower, drink tea and get my onesie on. I just keep hoping, and hoping, someday soon, I'll be done with college, have some qualifications, and can get out into the real world, work for a living and eventually, get my own house. I guess your mind pays the price for continuous routine, and never ending hurdle jumping. All I can say is; stick in there, it won't be forever.
I hope that if any of you are feeling sad, tired or frustrated, that you'll feel better soon, don't worry, every cloud has a silver lining.
Photo From Tumblr.

Love,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig